Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How I Got Here

Let me start off with this was never the plan. I was suppose to go straight from high school to college, being an A+ student my entire life. Well that didn't go as smooth as I wanted it to. I graduated high school from a small school after moving from state to state throughout my school years. I had it all planned out until I was led on by a school to get better finaid. That never worked out and I dropped full scholarships from this schools. That's how I now I have to go through the struggle of starting school later than anyone else, but that's life, and no one ever said it was fair.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if that will be me in a few years. I've been doing well in school ever since I started getting grades (if that's how one measures "doing well in school"), and I got into the most competitive public high school in the city.
    I've been told to keep my grades up so I can get into a good in-state public college, ie, one like Cal with a good reputation in the sciences, then get into something like MIT for graduate work because they might give me a generous scholarship (because there are so few aspiring scientists they need the incentive of scholarships). This proposed path demands the least amount of money and produces a respectable person with a PhD. If I manage to get into those colleges.
    And then what? I'm supposed to get a job. How's that going to work out with the ~10% unemployment rate? "Hello, I graduated from MIT. Do you want fries with that?"
    If nothing else, I hope my personal pessimism shows you that you're not the only one life seems to conspire against. And you can't have bad luck for too long a time; eventually life gets better. And then worse. And then better again. So I tell myself as I hold my head high and try to get through this week.
    ~Trillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it helps to know that even when everything seems solitary we're all actually going through similar problems.

    ReplyDelete