Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 1


Have you ever had a day that you feel really productive,  like you actually made a big enough difference that the world might not be so bad that day. Well I finally had that day today. That is until I get home, and I have to deal with water bottle tossing games. Then all of a sudden, that feeling goes away. Today was my first day actually working with the Red Cross. I have gone through training and all the rest prior to actually starting. Fact I learned is that this division forces people to have background checks run on them. As if a killer or something is really going to want to spend their time helping others. I see the logic on paper behind hit, but it doesn't make much sense in reality. I was able to work with people not far from my age help spread "the message" of the Red Cross. I'm looking forward to the next couple months, not sure where I'll end up, but life always keeps me guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment