Saturday, October 9, 2010

Have You Ever?

The fact that everything comes to an end is tragic and the best thing that could ever happen. Have you ever had to live in a place that you can't call home? Everyday being reminded that this is not the place you should be living at. I have, and I want to warn everyone don't do it. The deal seemed pretty good at first go somewhere you've never been all amenities provided for you, sounds pretty good on paper doesn't it? Not after a week of being there, everyone wants you to act as if you don't live there. How can you act like you don't live in the place that you live? I know this must not make sense to the majority of people that might read this, but every day I want to get farther and farther away from the Perfect Land that I thought I was going to be at. Just to clarify this has no involvement with the Red Cross. If it wasn't for me volunteering I would have been gone a long time ago. Waking up early to backaches and complains every morning is no ideal situation. And when you live with someone you wanted to be close to, you realize that the grass is never greener on the other side. True, but so hard to believe. Someone that I got along with so well, living with them for 2 weeks at a time, made it seem like we would get along, but the breaks were put on that fantasy very fast. So here I am, counting down the days, hearing the months in my head, October, November, leave in December.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this. I have lived somewhere that I couldn't call home for quite sometime. But, I can't go back to that place that I can call my safe sanctuary, my place of being, my place of understanding, my place of where i was raised most of my life - my home.

    ReplyDelete